Wednesday, April 11, 2012

OLD MAGAZINES

These are some publications of mine from over 30 years ago. Here are two cover illustrations done in 1980 for CARtoons magazine from Petersen Publishing Company in Los Angeles.

In 1979 I did this cover for the second issue of Cocaine Comix published by Last Gasp, an Underground Comics publisher in San Francisco.

In 1980, Playboy's sister magazine, OUI, had me illustrate this article, in the style of Animal House, about crazy things being done in Madison at the University of Wisconsin in 1978 by Jim Mallon and Leon Varjian.

In 1983, EPIC Illustrated magazine, from Marvel Comics in New York City, had me illustrate a six page story called Gridlock written by Larry Hama. Here's the first page.

I'm sure these old projects were paving my way to HIPPIE HOORAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment